ECCO’s financial assistance is available to ECCO clients living or working in our 10 zip codes in Charleston and Berkeley counties. Clients may receive assistance with their utility bills, monthly rent, or mortgage payment.
Assistance is determined by the following criteria and administered/processed by our client specialists:
- A sudden loss of income in the past 60 days (ex: laid off, fired, or hours were greatly reduced)
- An unusual increase in expenses in the past 45 days
- Circumstances that have put an unreasonable financial burden on a household and which could not have been predicted, anticipated, or expected in the past 45 days (ex: car or home repairs, unexpected medical bill)
- Death of a partner/dependent/relative
- If your job was terminated due to the COVID-19 emergency situation after Monday, March 16, 2020, please proceed with completing the form below.
In order to receive financial assistance, eligible clients are required to provide one of the following items:
- Pay stubs showing loss of income in the past 60 days
- Past and present utility bills showing the increased bills in the past 45 days
- Receipts showing the unforeseen medical or repair bill in the past 45 days
- Letter from employer with the last day of work/or verification of termination or an unemployment benefits letter
If you are unsure about your eligibility, please call ECCO at (843) 849-9220, Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- A follow-up call by an ECCO staff member will be made within 5 business days using the contact information you provide.
- If approved, you’ll be contacted by an ECCO representative to submit the proper documentation.
- If your application is approved, payment will be made directly to the service provider within 10-15 business days.
To qualify for financial assistance, individuals need to complete our financial assistance form.
Want to know if you qualify? Complete our financial inquiry form by clicking the button below. Have questions? Contact an ECCO team member at (843) 849-9220 or email us at email@example.com.