Thank you for your interest in East Cooper Community Outreach. As we grow, we are in search of diverse, dedicated, energetic, and motivated individuals to join our team. Please check back for future opportunities.
Route Driver & Wellness Pantry Associate
East Cooper Community Outreach (ECCO) was founded as an emergency relief effort in 1989 after the devastation from Hurricane Hugo, and has since grown into a permanent resource for the community in times of personal need. Income eligible individuals and families may receive food, clothing, financial assistance, and have access to dental care, medical care, prescription assistance, and guidance towards other necessary services. These services are all enhanced through personal interaction with staff who provide ongoing check-ins, and emphasize accountability and achievement.
This part-time position is responsible for the daily pick-up, loading/unloading, stocking and accountability of food donations from ECCO’s community supporters and partner organizations. In addition, this position will assist with inventory management using our software, Smart Choice Pantry. Individuals with delivery, grocery, inventory, or retail experience are encouraged to apply. This position requires positive, public interaction with ECCO’s retail partners, partner agencies, clients, donors, staff and volunteers. Applicants must have an excellent driving record and the ability to repetitively lift to 50+ pounds.
Work hours will vary daily between 7:30 AM – 3:00 PM Monday-Friday. Exact days and times to be determined based on donation pick-up schedule. Maximum hours per week are 29.5. This position reports directly to the Wellness Pantry Manager.
During certain times of the year, the hours may expand to meet the demand for additional donation pickups. The Associate may also be required to attend a limited number of special events in the evenings or on weekends, including an occasional first Saturday of each month from 8:30-noon.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check email at the start of each shift to stay apprised of scheduling changes and updates
- Pick-up donated food at various locations in the East Cooper area, including grocery stores, schools,
churches and businesses, as well as from our partner Lowcountry Food Bank in N. Charleston.
- Load and unload donations to and from ECCO’s refrigerated van to ECCO’s Wellness Pantry
- Track and record weight of received donated food
- Utilize inventory software system to ensure food selections are accounted for accurately
- Follow assigned routes working efficiently to meet the physical demands of the position
- Be knowledgeable about food safety and ensure ECCO’s compliance with stated guidelines
- Maintain the cleanliness and upkeep of ECCO’s vehicles
- Attend organizational events and meetings as directed by your supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Requirements to Apply:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A valid South Carolina driver’s license and current ten year MVR (driving record) without any moving violations in the past three years
- Must be willing to participate in a background check
- Ability to lift and move 50+ lbs. frequently and repetitively
- Comfortable working in a warehouse environment and in extreme hot or cold temperatures
- Willing and able to use your personal cell phone for email, text, calendars and GPS
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Grocery, Inventory, Retail or Delivery experience
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Proactive and problem-solving mindset
- Enjoys being part of and working as a team, while having the ability to work independently
- Flexible to changing needs and demands of the position
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office and G Suite/Google Workspace
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following three documents to: jobs@ECCOcharleston.org:
- A letter of interest
- A current resume and
- The names and contact information for three professional references
Information can also be mailed to:
Attn: Ms. Cooper
1145 Six Mile Road
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29466
Review of applications will begin April 1, 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
ECCO is looking to contract multiple dental hygienists to share a flexible, rotating schedule offering hygiene services on Fridays from 10-2 (other days and times are also open for consideration). This position will provide excellent oral hygiene care and oral health education to patients of the ECCO dental clinic. Our clinic serves our uninsured neighbors at no cost.
Applicants for this position must have an understanding of public health, service to the community, empathy, and a passion for ECCO’s mission. Individuals hired in this contract capacity will interact with ECCO patients, clients, volunteers, staff, medical professionals, medical students, vendors, and partner agencies. The individuals in this role must maintain the utmost professionalism to protect patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations and ECCO confidentiality policies.
Required Certifications, Education, and Experience:
- A graduate of a Dental Hygiene program that meets or exceeds the standards established by the ADA
- Possess & maintains a valid South Carolina state dental hygienist license
- American Heart Association BLS certificate
- Preferably two years of experience, minimum
- Knowledge, use, and experience with Dentrix
- Review patient’s medical and dental history for evidence of past and present conditions such as illnesses or social behaviors that may complicate or alter dental hygiene treatment
- Examine teeth and surrounding tissues for evidence of plaque and periodontal disease; inspect the mouth and throat for evidence of disease such as oral cancer; interpret routine x-rays to identify tooth structures, calculus, and abnormalities such as cavities and deep periodontal pockets
- Prepare dental hygiene treatment plans for assessment of the problem, type of oral hygiene care required, and the sequence of appointments needed to complete treatment
- Provide dental hygiene procedures and home care instruction to patients
- Chart abnormalities such as cavities, traumatic occlusion, or lesions
- Be knowledgeable of current infection control procedures and OSHA guidelines in order to set up treatment room and check, sterilize, and maintain instruments
- Assist clinic staff and volunteer professional providers with clinic operations
- This position is paid on an hourly basis with an expected weekly total of 4-8 hours. ** Exact hours and days are TBD based on the availability of the hygienist.
- The hourly rate of pay is $30.00 and contract employees are responsible for submitting their own invoices for payment.
Work requires reaching, and recurring bending to perform intra-oral procedures. The hygienist must also demonstrate above-average dexterity in manipulating sharp dental instruments.
Work involves regular and recurring exposure to potential hazards of radiation and communicable diseases. Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment and follow appropriate protective measures.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should email their resume to Kathleen Forbes, Director of Programs and Services to Kforbes@eccocharleston.org with the subject line: Contract Hygienist Applicant.
Additionally, please provide the days and hours you are available to work.
Have questions, please call 843.416.7138.