Thank you for your interest in East Cooper Community Outreach. As we grow, we are in search of diverse, dedicated, energetic, and motivated individuals to join our team. Please check back for future opportunities.
East Cooper Community Outreach is looking for a talented, resourceful, and highly motivated candidate to serve as the Executive Assistant. This position will be responsible for providing comprehensive support to the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Executive Leadership Team while assisting with the execution of the organization’s strategic plan and capital campaign. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality in order to maintain organizational standards of excellence and advance ECCO’s reputation in the community.
The ideal candidate has experience in a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly collaborative non-profit environment and is looking for an exciting role with a wide range of responsibilities. She/he will have an appreciation for service to the community, empathy for our client’s experience, and a passion for ECCO’s mission to provide assistance, guidance, and resources to help our neighbors navigate through life’s challenges. This position interacts with ECCO board members, donors, consultants, volunteers, staff, clients, and community partners and therefore must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a full-time position with a standard 37 – 40-hour workweek. Typical work hours are 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday thru Friday. This position requires attendance at the six (6) monthly board meetings held in the evening. Additionally, full-time staff are required to attend occasional special events in the evenings or on weekends during which times an adjusted work schedule will be created. The Executive Assistant is a full-time, non-exempt position with a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including health insurance and a retirement plan.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the Executive Director’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including convening and preparing for a range of internal and external meetings – both in-person and virtual; assisting with special projects; designing and producing agendas, documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; compiling pertinent background materials for attendees; preparing summaries of discussion; composing, preparing, and/or sending correspondence on behalf of the Executive Director; maintaining contact lists; scheduling appointments; completing expense and mileage reports.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors. Arrange and handle all logistics for Board meetings and events: draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute meeting materials; and compile meeting minutes on behalf of the Board Secretary. Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in the ECCO bylaws regarding Board matters. Attend designated board committee meetings and prepare summaries of discussion.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Executive Director, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine the appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment to reflect Executive Director’s style and organizational policy.
- Evaluate and assist in developing office policies and procedures for improved workflow and anticipate future needs as the organization grows.
- Collaborate with members of the organization to evaluate progress and refine plans associated with the strategic plan, while exercising sound judgment for project progress and project direction on behalf of the Executive Director.
- Coordinate, plan, and implement the logistics and content of weekly Executive Leadership Team Meetings, monthly All-Staff Meetings, the annual all-staff retreat, and in-service trainings. Attend Management Team meetings and work closely with the directors to ensure follow-through on projects and priorities.
- Support the efforts of the Capital Campaign Steering Committee and fundraising counsel.
- Work with the Executive Leadership Team to coordinate the Executive Director’s outreach activities. Follow up on contacts made by the Executive Director to cultivate ongoing relationships.
- Maintain excellent professional working relationships with all of ECCO’s stakeholders including board members, staff members, volunteers, donors, and clients. Assist with stewardship efforts and initiatives that help build on ECCO’s culture and create a positive work environment for the team. Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Have a keen sense of the issues taking place in the organization and keep the Executive Director updated.
- Process and distribute daily mail.
- Act as an advocate for ECCO’s mission, always being mindful of the organization’s client-centered philosophy and values.
- Perform other duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required. A two-year college degree is preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ASSETS:
- Minimum of five to seven years of professional working experience; non-profit experience highly preferred.
- A high degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders.
- Critical-thinking and positive problem-solving skills; excellent judgment is essential.
- Highly organized, with impeccable attention to detail.
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Strong oral communication skills along with well-developed writing, grammar, punctuation, and proofreading abilities.
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment with shifting demands. Shows grace under pressure and possesses a good sense of humor.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace, ZOOM, MS Office – specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel for spreadsheet development and manipulation.
- Knowledge of local charities and communities is an advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents via email:
- A letter of interest to the attention of: Executive Director
- A current resume and the names and contact information for three professional references
Information can also be mailed to:
Attn: Executive Assistant Search Committee
1145 Six Mile Road
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29466
Review of applications will begin August 1, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
Dental Hygienist (Hourly Contract)
ECCO is looking to hire three contract hygienists to share a flexible, rotating schedule providing recurring work for each hygienist. This position will provide excellent oral hygiene care and oral health education to patients of the ECCO dental clinic, with minimal administrative duties. Due to a collaborative relationship with the faculty and students from MUSC’s College of Dental Medicine and local volunteer dentists, our clinic serves our uninsured neighbors at no cost.
Applicants for this position must have an understanding of public health, service to the community, empathy, and a passion for ECCO’s mission. Individuals hired in this contract capacity will interact with ECCO patients, clients, volunteers, staff, medical professionals, medical students, vendors, and partner agencies. The individuals in this role must maintain the utmost professionalism to protect patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA regulations and ECCO confidentiality policies. Ideal candidates will act with a proactive mindset always striving for efficiency and process improvement.
This position will increase the awareness of ECCO in the community to potential donors, partners, volunteers, and patients to help the organization advance its mission of providing safety net services to our low-income neighbors while empowering them to create a better future for themselves, their families, and our communities.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A graduate of a Dental Hygiene program that meets or exceeds the standards established by the American Dental Association
- Possess & maintains a valid South Carolina state dental hygienist license and an American Heart Association BLS certificate
- Preferably two years of experience, minimum
- Able to provide a COVID negative test screening or proof of vaccination doc, prior to beginning work
- Knowledge, use, and experience with Dentrix
(Provide Patient Hygiene)
- Perform advanced prophylactic and preventive procedures in patient’s treatment
- Complete preliminary dental examinations on new dental patients
- Review patient’s medical and dental history for evidence of past and present conditions such as illnesses or social behaviors that may complicate or alter dental hygiene treatment
- Examine teeth and surrounding tissues for evidence of plaque and periodontal disease; inspect the mouth and throat for evidence of disease such as oral cancer; interpret routine x-rays to identify tooth structures, calculus, and abnormalities such as cavities and deep periodontal pockets
- Prepare dental hygiene treatment plans for assessment of the problem, type of oral hygiene care required, and the sequence of appointments needed to complete treatment
- Provide therapeutic dental hygiene procedures and home care instruction to patients
- Refer abnormalities such as cavities, traumatic occlusion, or lesions to the attending dentist
- Expose, develop, and process radiographs including bitewing, periapical, and panoramic x-rays; adjust voltage, amperage, and timing of x-ray equipment for accurate and complete pictures
- Knowledgeable of current infection control procedures and OSHA guidelines in order to set up treatment room and check, sterilize, and maintain instruments
(Patient Education and Coordination of Care)
- Teach individualized oral health care and the important practice of effective oral hygiene techniques
- Knowledgeable on chronic diseases-as they relate to oral health
- Collect, review and ensure patient demographic data and health history are complete and accurate
- Record progress and therapy notes
- Support clinic initiatives surrounding patient education and patient surveys
- Advocate for ECCO by communicating and promoting other ECCO services to patients
- Assist clinic staff and volunteer professional providers with clinic operations
- Assist MUSC dental students with current dental standards
Work requires long periods of standing, reaching, and recurring bending to perform intraoral procedures. The hygienist must also demonstrate above-average dexterity in manipulating sharp dental instruments.
Work involves regular and recurring exposure to potential hazards of radiation and communicable diseases. Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment and follow appropriate protective measures.
SCHEDULE AND CONTRACT STATUS:
This position is paid on an hourly basis with an expected daily total of 4-8 hours. Work hours may vary based on patient load. The proposed daily schedule for offering dental hygiene appointments could include: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9:30-4:00 (including a 30-minute lunch) and Fridays from 9:00-1:00. Exact hours and days are TBD and are based on the availability of the hygienist, other dental care providers, and patient need and access to appointments.
The hourly rate of pay is $28.00. This position is not eligible for benefits. Contract employees are responsible for submitting their own invoices for payment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should email their resume to:
Director of Programs
Please include Contract Hygienist Applicant in the email’s subject line.
Additionally, please provide the days and hours you are available to work. If you have any questions, please call (843) 416-7138.