Thank you for your interest in East Cooper Community Outreach. As we grow, we are in search of diverse, dedicated, energetic, and motivated individuals to join our team.
Patient Care Coordinator – Medical Services
ECCO is looking for a qualified individual to fill the role of Patient Care Coordinator. This is a part-time (20-25 hours a week) administrative position in the Health Services Department. This position will interact with ECCO patients, volunteers, staff, medical professionals, medical students, vendors, and partner agencies. This position has four main areas of responsibility: patient scheduling/follow-up, medical reception/assisting, coordinating care, and execution of administrative programming for the Partners in Healthcare Clinic, a MUSC-partner medical clinic at ECCO.
The person filling this position must have an appreciation for service to the community, empathy for our clients, and a passion for ECCO’s mission to provide assistance, guidance, and resources to help our neighbors navigate through life’s challenges.
The individual in this role must maintain the utmost professionalism to protect patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations and ECCO confidentiality policies. Strong verbal, and written communication skills are essential. Decisive judgment, the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to shift from task to task while maintaining calm. Friendly, customer service skills are essential in developing and building relationships with patients, community organizations, and members of the healthcare community.
This position reports directly to the Senior Manager of Health Services. The anticipated work schedule for this position is Mondays from 9 AM – 3 PM, Tuesdays from 9 AM – 5 PM, and Wednesdays from 9 AM – 4 PM, as well as the first Friday of each month from 9 – 10:30 AM for the All-Staff Meeting. During certain times of the year, the hours may need to change to meet the demands of the position. Additionally, this position will be required to attend a limited number of special events in the evenings or on weekends.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Medical Assistant or Certified Nursing Assistant or a minimum of 1 – 2 years of relevant experience
- CPR certified
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- General understanding of medical terminology and abbreviations
- Attention to detail and process-oriented thinking
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Box, and Google’s G Suite
- Exemplary customer service and organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Commitment to teamwork to coordinate with doctors, students, nurses, health care personnel, volunteers, and ECCO colleagues
- The ability to work independently and multitask
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate with patients and the healthcare team
- Ability to identify needs and provide patient-centered care
Preferred Skills & Education:
- Spanish speaking
- Two-year college degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Community Health, or Nursing preferred
- Understanding of non-profit organizations, healthcare, DHEC, OSHA, and HHS standards
- Demonstrated ability to be compliant with HIPAA regulations and confidentiality practices
- Ability to utilize multiple software and Electronic Medical Record systems
- Working knowledge of South Carolina Healthy Connections and Medicare Plans
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Certification in Care Coordination
- Experience using Practice Fusion, Care Connect, Med-IT, and/or Charity Tracker
Patient Care Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Receiving and answering emails, telephone calls, and mail for the healthcare facility
- Scheduling appointments for patients, nurses, students, and doctors
- Guiding and connecting patients to community resources and application processes
- Executing special programs and referrals offered at ECCO
- Checking and verifying information on patient medical records
- Ensuring adequate medical supplies for the facility
- Consulting with doctors and nurses about patients’ medical records
- Ensuring that patient forms and documents are correctly filled in
- Handling patient concerns and queries professionally
Salary Range: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour with paid holidays and annual PTO
Applications will be accepted beginning July 31, 2023, and will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit a resume via email to jobs@ECCOcharleston.org or by mail to:
Attn: Patient Care Coordinator Search
1145 Six Mile Road
Mount Pleasant, SC 29466
Review of applicants will begin on Thursday, August 3, 2023, with a desired hire date of August 16, 2023.
Route Driver & Wellness Pantry Associate
East Cooper Community Outreach (ECCO) in Mount Pleasant, SC is looking for an experienced individual for the role of Route Driver & Wellness Pantry Associate.
The successful candidate will be accountable for ensuring the procurement, distribution, and organization of the warehouse donations to our neighbors in their time of need. This individual will have proven leadership in warehouse/grocery including a working knowledge of warehouse safety, storage practices, and inventory management; as well as impeccable organizational skills.
The individual in this role must maintain the utmost professionalism to uphold organizational standards of excellence, protect client/patient confidentiality, and positively and professionally represent the organization in the community. The person filling this position must have an appreciation for service to the community, empathy for our clients, and a passion for ECCO’s mission to provide assistance, guidance and resources to help our neighbors navigate through life’s challenges. This position will interact with clients, volunteers, staff, community partners, donors, and ECCO board members; therefore, must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Typical work hours are 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Thursday, and Friday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Additionally, this position will be required to work until 6 PM every third Thursday and assist with a limited number of special events in the evenings or on weekends. This position requires prolonged periods of walking, standing, and lifting bags and/or containers weighing up to 50 lbs. ECCO offers a competitive benefits package including health and dental insurance, generous paid time off, and a retirement plan. This full-time, non-exempt position reports directly to the Wellness Pantry Manager.
Required Education/Certification and Experience:
- A High School Diploma or One year of experience in Logistics, Community Services, Human Services, Social Work or comparable field of study (warehouse, grocery or retail preferred)
- A valid Driver’s License and 10 year driving record with no major incidents within the last 3 years
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Previous warehouse, grocery or retail experience
- Ability to work in multiple computer information systems
- Strong customer service skills
- Proactive and problem solving skills
- Excellent human relations, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative team environment
- Flexible to changing needs and demands of the position
- Being part of and working as a team, while being able to work independently
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and G Suite
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Check email at the start of each shift to stay apprised of scheduling changes and updates
- Pick-up donated food at various locations in the East Cooper area including but not limited to grocery stores, schools, churches, neighborhoods, and businesses
- Safely load and unload donations to and from ECCO’s refrigerated vehicle to ECCO’s Wellness Pantry
- Be knowledgeable about food safety and ensure ECCO is compiling with stated guidelines
- Follow assigned routes and update the route schedule weekly or as needed ensuring assigned routes are working efficiently to meet the demands of the position
- Check the clothing bin at ECCO and deliver donated clothing to ECCO’s Clothing Closet weekly or as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness and upkeep of ECCO’s vehicle ensuring all maintenance issues are reported to the appropriate staff members
- Input daily donated poundage from ECCO’s retail partners’ into LCFB meal connect software
- Weigh and record the poundage received from community food drives in a timely manner
- Communicate all of ECCO’s updates to our retail partners: Costco, Aldi, Lowes Food, Publix, North Walmart, and South Walmart, Harris Teeter, and Starbucks, etc.
- Maintain and build positive relationships with ECCO’s retail partners, LCFB, and community or church food drives.
- Assist in organizing and stocking wellness pantry shelves
- Serve as an advocate for ECCO’s mission, always mindful of the organization’s client-center philosophy
- Communicate issues of concern to your direct supervisor in a timely manner
- Assist in positive problem solving
- Provide guidance to over 90+ Wellness Pantry Volunteers on warehouse operations
Salary Range: $36,000 – $39,000yr
Applications will be accepted beginning August 16, 2023 and will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit a resume via email to jobs@ECCOcharleston.org or by mail to:
Attn: Route Driver and Wellness Pantry Associate Search
1145 Six Mile Road
Mount Pleasant, SC 29466
Review of applicants will begin on Tuesday, August 22, 2023 with a desired hire date of September 15, 2023.