East Cooper Community Outreach (ECCO) provides a range of dental procedures and services for uninsured adults each year – all at no cost to the patient. Through our partnership with the MUSC College of Dental Medicine, we are able to provide preventative and restorative care, as well as extractions through our Extraction Clinic. Last year, we provided more than $770,000 worth of dental care to nearly 1,000 neighbors.
If you live or work in the East Cooper communities and are uninsured, you may qualify for our basic dental services like comprehensive oral exams, health screenings, X-rays, cleanings, fillings and partial dentures (for eligible clients).
Extractions are commonly performed on teeth that are decayed, broken, or beyond repair. ECCO’s Emergency Extraction Clinic is available for those who are uninsured residents of Charleston, Berkeley, and Dorchester counties. All prospective patients MUST CALL AHEAD for assessment and to schedule an appointment.
ECCO’s Dental Clinic has an expanded service area which includes the Tri-County area of Charleston, Dorchester and Berkeley counties. All individuals who are uninsured, live in this service area, and meet the published income guidelines (250% of the FPG or below) are eligible for services.
- 4 to 6 patients are seen per night
- Only individuals without dental insurance or Medicaid are eligible
- South Carolina proof of residency is required, so please bring your photo ID
- Children under the age of 18 are not eligible to receive these services
- Pregnant women and those with complicated medical conditions MUST have a doctor’s release
- Dentists and staff do not write prescriptions for pain medications
To schedule your appointment, please call our dental clinic at (843) 416-7115.
*Debe llamar con anticipación para la evaluación y disponibilidad. Se requiere un traductor mayor de 18 años durante todo el tratamiento. Por favor traiga una identificación con foto y una prueba de residencia SC.