This position is responsible for all aspects of managing ECCO’s warehouse. This includes the daily operations of the Wellness Pantry and the Clothing Store, volunteer management, and coordination of donated goods. This full time position reports directly to the Director of Volunteer Engagement. The Manager must have an excellent driving record and frequently be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Typical work hours are 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. During certain times of the year, the hours may need to change to meet the demands of the position. Additionally, the Manager may be required to attend special events in the evenings or on weekends. This position requires positive interaction with ECCO’s clients, staff, and volunteers as well as retail partners, partner agencies, and donors. ECCO offers a competitive benefits package including health and dental insurance, paid time off, and a retirement plan.
- Maintain excellent professional relationships with donors, retail partners, clients, staff, volunteers, and partner agencies
- Serve as an advocate for ECCO’s mission always mindful of the organization’s client-centered philosophy
- Manage the volunteer data bases and coordinate volunteer schedules for 10 weekly shifts; cover for volunteers when necessary
- Train new volunteers, provide ongoing volunteer trainings, and oversee daily supervision of the warehouse volunteers
- Regularly acknowledge and appreciate efforts of the warehouse volunteers; document these contacts
- Organize warehouse to best utilize space and create policies and practices to ensure efficiency and consistency
- Daily inventory of available food options to maintain accurate grocery list in Charity Tracker
- Create and maintain current contact information for Grocery Bag Sundays, food drives (including but not limited to businesses, schools, scouts, etc.), and retail partnerships; place retail orders when needed
- Contact and schedule all previous and new food and un-food drive participants to ensure best possible experience for the donor and ECCO
- Publish a monthly calendar of Warehouse activities
- Educate donors about ECCO’s food pantry needs and Wellness Pantry Initiative
- Attend all LowCountry Food Bank (LCFB), Department of Social Services (DSS), and Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) trainings to ensure ECCO’s continued compliance
- Handle USDA Commodity Box issuance and reports
- Keep daily freezer and walk-in temperature logs for DSS, DEHEC, and LCFB
- Oversee the cleanliness of the warehouse, both freezers, and the walk-in cooler
- Keep monthly copies of receipts for all Lowcountry Food Bank and retail orders; submit copies to accounting for payment
- Compile monthly totals for all retail, food drive, and individual donations
- Provide supervision and support to the Warehouse Associate
- Communicate any scheduling, pickup, or donor changes with Warehouse Associate
- In the absence of the Warehouse Associate, the Manager assumes all of their duties or assigns volunteers to assist in the completion of the daily pick-ups
- Communicate issues of concern with direct supervisor in a timely manner
- Assist in positive problem–solving, always seeking proactive ways of improving warehouse operations
- Attend all ECCO staff meetings and events
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous warehouse, supervision, logistical, or managerial experience required
- A valid South Carolina driver’s license; must be able to provide a current ten year MVR (driving record) with no moving violation within the last three years
- A satisfactory SLED background check
- Comfortable working in a warehouse environment and in extreme hot or cold temperatures and be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment; flexible to the changing and competing demands of the position
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, email, database entry and management
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
- Basic “handyman” skills a plus
Proper execution of these duties will ensure the following:
ECCO’s ability to provide clients the best variety of food and clothing available, while serving them with grace and dignity.
Increased efficiency and consistency within the warehouse operations.
Stronger relationships with retail partners, donors, and volunteers.
A greater awareness of ECCO in the community.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume via email to Jobs@ECCOcharleston.org or by mail to Warehouse Manager Search, 1145 Six Mile Road, Mount Pleasant, SC 29466.