Website Information Collection
We may collect information from you when you visit our website, subscribe to our email newsletter, or submit a form on our website. You may visit our website anonymously.
Information collected through our website may be used in the following or other ways:
- To personalize or optimize your experience while using our website.
- To help us determine and improve upon our website’s functionality and features.
- To improve our customer service capabilities.
- To process transactions.
- To administer contests, promotions, surveys, or website features.
- To send periodic emails. (We will only email those who have contacted us, subscribe to our email newsletter, or have otherwise indicated they would like to be contacted.)
Information Disclosure – We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Third-Party Links – Our website may link to third-party websites and pages that are independently operated by separate entities. Those third-party websites may or may not have their own privacy policies. We maintain no responsibility or liability for the content or activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback about these third-party websites.
Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance – We are in compliance with the Online Privacy Protection Act. We will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance – We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older.
Accessibility – East Cooper Community Outreach is committed to providing access to our electronic and information technology, including our web pages, for individuals with disabilities in accordance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. If you have a disability and the format of any material on our web pages interferes with your ability to access the information, please contact us at (843)-849-9220.
As a donor submitting personally identifying information (“Personal Information”) to ECCO or any of our staff, you consent to the terms and conditions of the policy and to our processing and use of Personal Information for the purposes stated below.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided with ECCO. Below are examples of ways in which we may collect your information:
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website, or otherwise contact us in person, by phone, or email, with an inquiry. We may then collect information such as your name, address, email, or telephone number in order to respond to that inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number, and other contact information if you register for and/or attend an event.
- We may collect information such as your name, email address, telephone number, and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone, by mailing in a check, or any other manner in which you might make a contribution.
- Information you give us on Fund Agreements or other forms (such as your name, address, assets, and income).
- Information about your charitable gifts and grant transactions with us (such as your fund balance, grant history, and parties to transactions).
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by ECCO. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above. ECCO restricts access to personal information to those employees who need to know that personal information to provide our services to you.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
ECCO respects and values the trust you place in us when you give us your personal information and is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of our donors’ personal information.
- We will not trade, share, or sell a donor’s personal information, collected on the website or through any business activities, with anyone else.
- We will only share donor mailings on behalf of other organizations once the donor has given ECCO specific permission to do so.
- Donors may opt-in to share testimonials with ECCO, which may be featured on social media, website, or other publications. Donor names may be featured in recognition lists with other donors at their associated giving level in ECCO publications such as the website or annual report. All donors have the option to opt-out or remain anonymous for all such reports.
- We will collect payment information, billing address, and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of the law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use your personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit card, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address match the information that you supplied to us, and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
Information Collected by Third Parties on ECCO Site
At times, certain funds are established with ECCO with the intention to conduct their own fundraising. In order to enable donors to make donations to those fundraising funds at ECCO, we have arranged for a vendor named CharityProud to host a website widget through which donors can make donations. When you make a donation through CharityProud, you may be asked to provide certain contact information (such as your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address) and billing information (such as your credit card number and expiration date) in order to enable your donation to be processed and confirmation to be provided to you. ECCO will not have access to the complete credit card information that you submit via CharityProud (although it may retain the last four digits of your credit card number in order to process any refunds), and CharityProud will be entitled to use such information solely for the purpose of processing the transaction and permitting you to access your transaction details. CharityProud’s privacy and security policies are available at https://www.charityproud.org/Home/PrivacyPolicy and will provide you information about the steps that CharityProud takes to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, or use. We encourage you to read CharityProud’s privacy and security policies so that you understand how CharityProud will use, protect and disseminate the information you submit.
ECCO Site Usage Information
Information (e.g., log files, cookies, Internet tags, web beacons, etc.) we collect from you through your use of the Site will be used to (a) monitor the operation, technical functions and quality of the Site, (b) compile general statistics regarding use of the Site, and (c) analyze demographic information about the Site’s users. We may also use such information for research or improvements of the Site and the services we offer you. This data is also used by ECCO to deliver customized content and advertising to you when your use of the internet indicates that you are interested in a particular subject area.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not disclose any personal information about our donors, or former donors, to anyone except as permitted or required by law.
Security of Information
ECCO is committed to protecting the security of your personal information transmitted to and from this website and will take reasonable security precautions to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. With respect to the financial information that you transmit via CharityProud, please review the privacy and data security policies of CharityProud, the vendor that will be transmitting your donation information to the entity responsible for processing and settling those transactions.
E-mail Address: email@example.com
East Cooper Community Outreach
1145 Six Mile Road
Mount Pleasant, SC 29466
Changes to ECCO’s Privacy Policies