ECCO Announces 2022-2023 Board of Directors
Mount Pleasant, SC (September 1, 2022) – East Cooper Community Outreach (ECCO) announces the election of Mike Burson as its fifteenth President of the ECCO Board of Directors and Tim Grow as Vice-President. The nonprofit also appointed five new board members: J.C. Darby, Tom Fitzgerald, Cindy Hollar, Rev. Dr. Arthur Holmes, and Marcus Moore.
“ECCO’s Board of Directors is a force for good in providing consistent leadership and thoughtful guidance to the organization. We are excited to see how Mike Burson and Tim Grow will lead the organization as we begin to implement ECCO’s campaign priorities. We are also thrilled to be adding such an energetic and committed group of new community leaders to help ECCO continue to soar,” announced Stephanie Kelley, ECCO Executive Director.
Burson was raised in Georgetown, Texas, receiving his secondary education at Georgetown High School before attending Southwestern University in Texas. Mike and his wife Carolyn have been residents of Mount Pleasant for ten years, and own M.D. Burson Consulting, LLC. When Burson is not working or volunteering at ECCO he likes to spend his time outdoors, golfing, biking, or paddle boarding. The Bursons volunteer at ECCO because they are passionate about helping and serving people in their time of need. Mike and Carolyn served as co-chairs of the Steering Committee for ECCO’s Beyond Our Walls Capital Campaign.
Grow is the Office Managing Shareholder at Elliott Davis LLC in downtown Charleston, focusing on providing comprehensive assurance and management consulting services to a diverse customer base in the real estate, manufacturing, construction, and governmental industry sectors. He received his BS in Accounting at the University of South Carolina, as well as his Masters of Accountancy. Grow served on the ECCO Board of Directors for three years before stepping away to assume the role of the Chairman of Trident United Way Board of Directors last year. He has also been a member of the Charleston Regional Development Alliance Community.
I am excited to welcome our new board members. I am also privileged and honored to work with such a dedicated group of community leaders. Our executive director leads an excellent staff and a group of over 250 volunteers that work every day to support those in need of our services in the community” said Burson. “Our board is committed to reaching our mission to provide assistance, guidance, and resources to help our neighbors navigate through life’s challenges.”
In addition to a newly elected President and Vice-President, five new members have joined ECCO’s Board of Directors:
- John Charles “J.C.” Darby, a Charleston native, earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of South Carolina in 2012 and his Master of Business Administration in real estate development from the Citadel in 2014. Darby is now involved in the community through his family’s business, The Beach Company where he is currently the Development Manager.
- Tom Fitzgerald made his move from St. Louis to Charleston in 2015, accepting a position at Southern Crown Partners as the Vice President of Marketing. Fitzgerald, along with his team, oversees a large, diverse portfolio marketing billion-dollar brands throughout Georgia and South Carolina.
- Cynthia Lynn “Cindy” Hollar received her Bachelor of Arts from Millsaps College before becoming a CEO, Vice President of Sales, and a Sales Leader in her professional experiences; she is now a realtor with Carolina One Real Estate. Hollar has a passion to help make a difference in the lives of those in their time of need.
- Rev. Dr. Arthur Holmes was born and raised in South Carolina, serving in the field of education for 34 years, as well as becoming licensed to preach in 1983. He is currently the Servant Leader and Pastor at Holy Trinity AME Church in Mount Pleasant. Holmes lives by the philosophy of “It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice.”
- Marcus “Marc” Moore, a North Carolina State University grad, is a department manager at Nucor Steel Berkeley. Outside of his role at Nucor, Moore specializes in community outreach and philanthropy. Moore also sits on the board of the South Carolina Manufactures Alliance and Berkeley County Chamber of Commerce.
The 2022-2023 East Cooper Community Outreach Board of Directors is:
- Mike Burson – President; Owner of M.D. Burson Consulting, LLC
- Tim Grow – Vice-President; CPA and Office Leader of Elliott Davis
- Andrew Davis – Treasurer; CFO and Shareholder of Stravis Enterprises, Inc.
- Elmire Raven – Secretary; Nonprofit Consultant, Get It Right with Raven, LLC
- Danny Rowland – Immediate Past President; Owner of MDR Enterprises, LLC
- Rev. Monsignor James A. Carter – Chief Operating Officer; Retired PA Pastor of Christ Our King Catholic Church
- Rex Atkinson; Founder of Atkinson Pools and Spa
- Dawn Baker; Registered Nurse and Co-Owner of Interim Healthcare
- M. Dawes Cooke; Attorney at Barnwell, Whaley, Patterson, and Helms
- J.C. Darby; Development Manager at The Beach Company
- Tom Fitzgerald; Vice President of Marketing at Southern Crown Partners
- Lisa Glavin; Clinical Therapist and Supervisor at Mount Pleasant Psychiatry, My Sisters House, and Sunrise Children’s School
- Carla Gregg; Property Manager at Bridgeview Village Apartments
- Cindy Hollar; Realtor at Carolina One Real Estate
- Rev. Dr. Arthur Holmes; Pastor and Educator at Holy Trinity AME Church and Charleston Development Academy Public Charter School
- Dr. John C. Maize, Jr.; M.D. at Trident Dermatology and MUSC
- Marc Moore; Hot Mill Manager at Nucor Steel Berkeley
- Dick Query; Retired from Krispy Kreme, Inc.
- Neal Stanley; Managing Member at Palmetto Management Advisors LLC
- Catherine Stuhr; Vice President at J. Henry Stuhr, Inc.
- Father Robert Spencer; Chief Parish Liaison, Pastor at Christ Our King Catholic Church
Don Squires, Director of Development & Marketing
Mobile Phone: (843) 254-8053
Office Phone: (843) 416-7123