Becoming an ECCO Client

All neighbors who would like to receive services at ECCO must become up-to-date and active clients of ECCO. What does that mean? We make it simple. If you have never been to ECCO, you must go through a client assessment to determine if you are eligible to receive our services.

As you’ll see below, all ECCO services are available to those who live and work East of the Cooper River, with multiple services also available to neighbors living in the Tri-County communities. All clients must also be qualified by their income level. Income qualifications are based on 250% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. If you have been an ECCO client in the past and are unsure if you are up-to-date, please reach out to one of our Client Navigators.

*Although ECCO is a non-governmental resource, ECCO uses the U.S. federal poverty guidelines as a measure of income to determine who is eligible for ECCO programs and services. The chart below is used by Client Navigators to determine client eligibility. Households who make more than the maximum income per month/year will not be eligible for ECCO services.

What services are available to ECCO clients?

Neighbors living or working in the East Cooper communities:

Neighbors living in the Tri-County area:

Completing an ECCO Assessment

Completing a client assessment is simple. Once all of the required documentation is collected, a client navigator will call to complete your assessment over the phone. Contact one of the following client navigators if you have any questions:

Denise Bryant
(843) 416-7133

Ana Black
(843) 416-7143  

What documents are required to complete an assessment?

  1. Current photo ID for all household members over 18 years old
  2. Proof of residence
    • Most current electric/water bill or mortgage/rental statement
    • If the bills aren’t in your name, complete ECCO’s Documentation of Physical Address form
  3. Complete ECCO’s Declaration of Insurance Status form

  4. Proof of income for all household members over the age of 18 years old
    • If employed: pay stubs for the last 30 days
    • If self-employed: complete ECCO’s Self-Declaration of Income form
    • If receiving disability/social security: 2021 government award letter
    • If unemployed:
      • If receiving unemployment assistance/TANF/FI – provide the government award letter or paystub
      • If performing an undocumented job – complete ECCO’s Statement of Income from Employer form
      • If no income in the household – complete ECCO’s No Income form


If you have any questions or would like to discuss becoming a client with our staff, please give us a call at 843-849-9220 and we’ll guide you through the entire process.