Thanks to the community’s generosity and leadership support from BlueCross BlueShield of SC Foundation and Trident United Way, we are able to provide a range of procedures and services for thousands of uninsured adults each year – all at no cost to our clients. ECCO maintains a strong collaborative relationship with the faculty and students from MUSC’s College of Dental Medicine, and we are fortunate to have 35 local dentists volunteer their time and expertise.
These important partnerships made it possible for ECCO to provide almost 3,000 procedures and $721,690 worth of dentistry for our neighbors last year.
Basic Dental Services
The following services are available by scheduled appointments only:
- Comprehensive oral exams
- Health screenings
- Partial dentures (for qualifying clients)
*Must be an ECCO client and live or work in the East Cooper area*
Emergency Extraction Clinic
- Tuesday & Thursday evenings
- Sign-in begins at 3:30pm for adults who will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis. We recommend arriving early to secure a spot.
- 5-10 patients are seen per night (feel free to call ahead for expected availability and more information)
- South Carolina proof of residency required. Please bring photo ID.
- Must have no dental insurance or Medicaid
- Dentists and staff will not write prescriptions for pain medications
- No children
My Sisters Smile
This program is designed for men and women actively enrolled in rehabilitation programs, referral-only basis. A Ministry of St. Andrews Episcopal Church and Dr. Michael McEniry, My Sister’s Smile Program has been part of ECCO’s Dental clinic since 2006. To find out more about this program go to www.mysisterssmile.org. Program referral required.
Partners in HealthCare
- Primary care services for uninsured adults
- Support for patients with diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol
- Also offering weight management, tobacco cessation services, & physicals
- NEW extended hours: Wednesday afternoon walk-ins
- Wednesday evenings by appointments only – call (843) 416-7130
- Open to residents of Berkeley, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, and Georgetown Counties
- Primary Care services
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday evenings by appointment only, call (843) 876-7097
- 30-day supply of emergency medicine. Walk-in Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 10:00am-3:30pm
- Enrollment in medication plans. Walk-in Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 10:00am to 3:30pm
- Medicare drug plan assistance. By appointment only on Monday and Friday
- Contact Meredith for more information at (843) 416-7125
Health & Wellness
- Lowcountry Food Bank’s Cooking Matters, Walk with Ease, Cooking Matters in the Store (previously Shop Smart)
- Click here for a list of upcoming health classes
- Vision Care. Walk-in Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 10:00am to 3:30pm
- Contact Yolanda for more information at (843) 416-7145
With appreciation to our lead program funders
“This project was supported by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, in conjunction with Charleston County Government, and Community Services in the amount of $20,000 from Federal Formula Grant Award B16-UC-45-0002. Publications and points of view contained within this document are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development or Charleston County.”