Give Back. Give Hope. Give Local.
You can make a difference.
Every dollar will help to improve the lives of our neighbors in need. Your support will allow ECCO to continue providing critical services including food, clothing, medical and dental care, educational opportunities, and emergency financial assistance to those who need help the most.
There are many opportunities to give back to the community
ECCO relies on the generosity and commitment of the community through monetary support, services provided in-kind, product donations, and the time of others. ECCO takes a fiscally responsible approach to program implementation by maximizing volunteer resources and keeping costs as low as possible, dedicating 91% of donations towards program costs that directly serve our clients. More than 250 active individuals selflessly give their time annually and provide their services and talent for free – a value of almost $1 million from volunteer dentists, medical professionals, mentors and administrative volunteers.
These are just a few ways you can help:
- Make a financial contribution (personally or through your company)
- Help to stock our Food Warehouse shelves with the items that we need the most
- Volunteer in the front office or with client interviews
- Serve on a committee to help with event planning or fundraising
- Mentor a job readiness program participant
- Donate an item to be used in the auction at our Golf Ball Gala
- Provide pro-bono professional services or in-kind product donations
- Purchase gifts during the holidays for children in need through our Adopt-a-Family program
- Did you know?? If you are 70 1/2 or older, you can avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA! Consider ECCO and read more about IRA Charitable Rollover
- Download a sample letter to send to your IRA administrator here: IRA letter sample
- Make a gift of stock! Contact ECCO’s broker, Robert Giles, at Scott and Stringfellow (843.722.7818). Provide our information to facilitate the transfer:
- East Cooper Community Outreach
- DTC # 0702
- Account # 4597-0776
- Shop online using AmazonSmile and select East Cooper Community Outreach as your designated charity (a portion of your order will be donated to ECCO)
Financial support remains ECCO’s most critical need; a gift of any size helps. Every dollar impacts an individual or family to improve their quality of life. Your donation will allow ECCO to continue providing hope to our neighbors in need.