Each year, ECCO provides help to hundreds of individuals facing unforeseen hardships through our Financial Assistance program. Whether you are facing an illness, are vulnerable to losing your home, are unemployed, or are simply unable to make ends meet, we are here to provide guidance and resources, including emergency financial assistance.
As of March 1, 2023 the Financial Assistance application will only be open from the 1st through the 10th of each month. If the first day of the month falls on a weekend or ECCO holiday, the program will open the next business day. Assistance is not guaranteed and is determined by the following criteria and administered/processed by our Client Navigators:
- A sudden loss of income in the past 90 days (ex: laid off, fired, or hours were greatly reduced)
- An unusual increase in expenses in the past 90 days
- Circumstances that have put an unreasonable financial burden on a household and which could not have been predicted, anticipated, or expected in the past 90 days (ex: car or home repairs, unexpected medical bill, unexpected death in the family)
In order to receive financial assistance, eligible clients are required to provide one of the following items:
- Pay stubs showing loss of income in the past 90 days
- Past and present utility bills showing the increased bills in the past 90 days
- Receipts showing the unforeseen expense in the past 90 days
- Letter from employer with the last day of work/or verification of termination or an unemployment benefits letter
If you are unsure about your eligibility, please call ECCO at (843) 849-9220, Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- A follow-up call by an ECCO staff member will be made within 5 business days using the contact information you provide.
- If your application is approved, payment will be made directly to the service provider within 10-15 business days.
To qualify for financial assistance, ECCO clients need to fill out the Financial Assistance Inquiry form. Not a client? Click here to learn more about our client eligibility!